Working With An Adoption Attorney
Our expert adoption attorney, Megan Cohen, provides legal services to adopting parents who have been fortunate enough to find a birth mother on their own. If you have already located or been matched with a birth mother who wishes to place her child with you, our offices would be happy to assist you with any and all legal services. These may include:
- Consulting with the mother to identify support needs and assess legal risk
- Birth father termination(s) in uncontested matters
- Strategizing the most efficient and cost-effective way to process the adoption
- Identifying and coordinating out of state services and obtaining clearances
- Compliance with the Indian Child Welfare Act
- Birth mother expenses management
- Planning for future contact with the birth mother and her family
- Preparing all documents necessary to finalize your adoption
Why Work With Family Formation
Our clients choose to work with us because we are a small firm, able to provide customized and hands-on service, and our adoption attorney is also a birth mother. Megan Cohen understands first hand what your birth mother is going through. She offers a truly unique perspective, and she will be with you every step of the way through your adoption journey.
We Have Answers!
Adoption can seem like an overwhelming process, especially because there is so much information out there which can make the process seem much more complicated than it is. Whether you need legal services or just need someone to answer your questions, we invite you to reach out!
Call us today for a complimentary 15 minute consultation. The quickest way to reach us: (925) 945-1880 or (800) 877-1880 or click here to contact us via email. We look forward to hearing from you!