De Facto Parent/Guardianship

You may want to consider de facto parent status or a guardianship if you’ve been caring for a child who has been declared a dependent of the juvenile court.  This requires petitioning the appropriate court for de facto parent status or guardianship. Once you’ve been granted the appropriate status, you may be present at dependency hearings, represented by an attorney.  You may also present evidence and cross-examine witnesses, and participate as a party in the disposition hearing and any hearing after that.

Family Formation can help you through this process.  Call us today for a complimentary 15 minute consulation.  The quickest way to reach us:  (925) 945-1880 or (800) 877-1880, orclick here to contact us via email.  We look forward to hearing from you.